Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow

Everyone is saying this is a record breaking year for snow here in NYC. Of course this being my first winter here, I have no idea that this winter and snowfall is anything other than what it should be thus far. So it's hard for me to get too excited about the weather but it's making all kinds of headlines apparently.  We had a big snowfall yesterday night and from up high on the 39th floor it all looks beautiful..........but check out these pics for what it looks like at street level and trying to get around in it.  I have to say that Bob was VERY SKEPTICAL that my high fashion patent leather rain boots would be functional as well as fashionable. Well I am very pleased to report that they are doing a great job of keeping my feet warm and dry while I get around in slush, snow, deep cold puddles, ice, and all other manners of left over preciptation.  I was out and about today to meet up with another transplanted Seattlelite. We had a very lovely lunch at the Green Plate in the Chelsea Market and a fantastically snowy walk on the Highline Park. I walked about 4 plus miles today and had a great time of it. The weather wasn't that cold and people were, in general, very patient and generous with one another in getting around. It was actually quite fun and amusing to be out in it all......just so glad I didn't have to drive it.......



my fabulously fashionable fuctional rain boots!


Carved out path on the Highline Park


View of Chelsea from the Highline Park


Beaten down snow paths to cross the street


Lots and lots of slush and cold water puddles at every corner


Cars completely buried under snow and snow piled high at the curbs


Try and take this bike out for a spin!


The amount of snow is pretty amazing.....


More tracks made to get across the street


Here comes the accumulation of garbage that will only get increasingly worse...


Crossing the street


The brighter side of lots of snow--a snow sculpture contest at the Highline Park

No comments:

Post a Comment