Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heading back to the Pacific Northwest -- trading in snow for rain for awhile

I am leaving tomorrow morning for a two week visit back to Seattle. I have an annual event with four other friends (Fools for Love) that has gone on for close to 30 years without interruption. We can't all agree on when the first one was but we do know it's been since the early 80's we've been doing this sleepover. Wonderful tradition and a really great group of people. Though it's only a one night event, it's so worth it to travel the distance to partake.  It's provides a great reason to make an extended trip and reconnect with lots of other friends as well. While I really do love living in NYC, I do miss the social life I had there in Seattle. No doubt this move has brought Bob and me so much closer together as a couple in all the best ways. That is a huge plus of this move. However, being part of a couple isn't everything and having this opportunity to reconnect with friends will also be a very good thing. 

Checking the weather predictions for Seattle, there is a mid to high chance of rain for about 75% of the days I am there. Ahhh Seattle, so true to form in February.  The temps will run in the 50's which will feel like summer compared to what the temps have been here in NYC, though, the dampness there seems to make everything colder. So I don't anticipate blogging much from Seattle.  As before leaving for other trips, I am already a bit homesick for NYC........there is just something about this city that really clicks for me. And of course, I already miss Bob before even leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment