Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On Becoming a New Yorker

I was told by a couple of my blog followers to add any new entry as a new post so that they get alerts that a new entry is available for viewing. This is in lieu of my first approach of updating within old posts. So I will try this and see if it works better for folks.  So in an effort to dress in uniform like the legions of NYC women I also bought what I call a booty cover, which is essentially a bandeau of a black skirt that covers my backside enough so that I don't have to buy a dozen new sweaters and can just wear my own favorite sweaters when I wear my leggings and boots.  When I modeled the "look" for Bob, he thought it looked very NYC, so hopefully I don't just wind up looking like a dork. The other thing that has become quite evident as I walk and walk and walk the city, my right foot is definitely bigger than my left foot.......never noticed before because I wasn't walking nearly as much as I do now, so had to take a couple of boots into be stretched. Once I collect those back, I am really ready to rock the legging and boot look.

I also felt it my duty to go check out the mayor's digs and took a stroll around Gracie Mansion. From what I could see of it, it wasn't that impressive. It's a historical landmark and all but really, I would have thought the mayor would have a more impressive residence. Maybe it's better on the inside. The park that it is in is very nice so that's a plus.

1 comment: