Friday, December 17, 2010

blogging from my blackberry at the airport!

this is so cool! I'm on my way to CA for the holidays. Last minute Xmas shopping was crazy....but I want to bring a little of NYC to all 23 members of my extended family. I did reasonably well but not perfect. The last minute shopping meant missing the free admission day to the Frick museum (it was their 75th anniversary) and that pained me a twinge as I love free admissions but before leaving town I had a chance to see the play Lombardi with Dan Luria and Judith Light. I was able to get a complimentary ticket. It was very well done. The audience seemed to made up of Greenbay Packer fans on vacation in NYC. I took the Super Shuttle to the airport and wound up getting a great tour of the city at night since he had to pick up several people after me. It was great and a nice send off. This city really doesn't sleep. Lots of people out at 4am and clubs still going strong. I had to wait for about 30 minutes in my apt lobby til the shuttle got there and wound up talking with the night concierge. He had some great stories about the building being haunted and people being dead in their apts for days before being found due to the stench of decaying flesh, couples found naked having sex on the pool table in the shared rec room, people coming in drunk in the wee hours and being loud, obnoxious and aggressive or destructive! I saw two drunk couples coming in at 3am as I waited! it was quite a conversation! All this going on as slumber on the 39th floor.  i gave the staff their gift cards yesterday and they seem pleased so guess we did okay with the amounts we gave. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment