Monday, November 29, 2010

We're Baaack

Ahhhhh New York City!  We knew we were back in NYC when at the airport, 90% of the women (and even the little girls) were dressed in the prerequisite black leggings and boots.  I felt like such an outsider in my newly adopted home. Next time I may have to tuck in an NYC re-entry outfit as part of my luggage. On the Shuttle bus back from LaGuardia airport, I sat across from an older woman (at least older than me ; > ) who was wearing big Chanel sunglasses (as indicated by the bling on the temples) and leopard skin pumps! Too much fun.....My little 7 month old grand niece is visiting later this week and I think I will look for a tiny pair of black leggings and boots that she can wear while here so she will be styling like the natives.

We got off the shuttle at the Port Authority Bus Station on 42nd (just one block from our apartment) and we're back in all the glory of Times Square--our home neighborhood. It was a very satisfying moment. I hope I don't ever lose that sense about Times Square. I know many New Yorkers absolutely loathe it but it has it's purpose in helping to define NYC and so should be embraced rather than distained. Again, I think that now--who knows what I will think in a couple of years.

We had a most excellent time with Amma and the many others who attended the programs she led. Great way to start the holiday season and be back in touch with so many of our Seattle friends. A big SHOUTOUT to all who let me know they are reading my blog!

So this next week should reap lots of new entries and hopefully some good pics and links as I join my niece, her husband, and their baby on futher discoveries in NYC during their upcoming 5 day visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment